COVID-19 Emergency Rental & Utilities Assistance Program
The City of Memphis and Shelby County has been granted over 28 million dollars to assist families that have been impacted by the current Covid-19 pandemic! This Emergency Rental and Utilities Assistance (ERA) program offers up to 12 months of relief payments that are made directly to the recipient’s landlord and/or MLGW. First Baptist Church-Broad will serve as a mobile help site on July 7th and July 8th from 1-4 pm to assist those who may need help completing the application process.
1. Proof of unexpected loss or financial hardship after March 2020.
2. Proof of income (ONE document from this list, that shows the last 30 days)
– Pay stubs, letter from employer stating wages, W2
-2020 Tax return, bank statement
– Write a letter stating unemployment or that you have NO income! (include signature, date, and legible printed name)
– Social security check, unemployment benefits, pension benefits, child support
– SNAP or WIC benefits, EBT Card Statement
3. Applying for Rental assistance, please bring ALL of the documents listed here:
– Document from your landlord with the total amount you owe
– Eviction notice, if you have one
-The first and signature page of your lease
4. Applying for Utility Assistance, please bring ALL of the following:
– Your utility account number
– Cut-off notice, if your have one.
How to set an appointment (Appointments are required):
Call 901.222.3998 and let them know you would like to set an appointment at First Baptist Church Broad location for July 7th or July 8th. You can also schedule your appointment by using the link below.
Click Here to Set Your Appointment – Make Sure to select ‘First Baptist Church – Broad’